Guided Tour: The Way of the Cross and The Calvary
“Rezar los Pasos” (recite the way) is a great tradition in Lorca, it starts on Ash Wednesday and finishes on Good Friday.
On this occasion we want to bring closer to the visitor this tradition in Lorca, the Way of the Cross but without any religious component, is a leisure tour available the whole year.
To understand better what it is and what it consists of; at the first stop is a “rezaor” a person who is going to pray as an example. From there you start the Way of the Cross seeing a National Monument (S. Francisco Church) and more than 10 BIC (Cultural Interest Property), such us El Carmen Church, Easter embroideries, the Pray of the Way of the Calvary and the Monumental Site of The Calvary.
The Main Hermitage in the Calvary is open at Easter only, but with this visit you are going to have the chance to visit its inside.
Starting time: 11:30 h
Meeting point: San Francisco Church (Nogalte Street)
Including: "Rezaor" + licensed tourist guide + Nicolás Salzillo Museum ticket + Main Hermitage indoor visit.
Itinerary: San Francisco Church, Nogalte Street where are placed "Estaciones", El Carmen Church, Nicolás Salzillo Museum, Segunda Caída Street and Calvariy Monument.
- Price: €7 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
- Duration: 1 Hours, 30 Minutes
- Date available from: 07/06/2014
- Date available to: 31/12/2019
- Additional information: Availlable 1st Saturday in the month only.
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. In the city. Culture and traditions. Traditional festivities
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: Turismo & Eventos - Iniciativas el Gigante
Informacje udostępnione przez dostawcę usług
Lorca's Calvary 17th century