Primitive Route stage 04: Salas - Tineo
Capilla de San Roque, Tineo
Deze etappe gaat door...
Salas, El Llanón, Porciles, Bodenaya, La Espina, La Pereda, Bedures, La Milladiega, El Pedregal, La Escalada, Zarracin, Tineo
- Route behoort tot:
- The Way of Saint James
- The Primitive Route
- 19 Km
- 4,45. Bicycle
- Belangrijkste moeilijkheden
- The stage begins by passing under the arch joining the Palace of Valdés Salas with the Medieval tower. There is a steep slope up to the N-634, with a great deal of lorry traffic. After one kilometre there is a path up to the houses in Porciles. From here on there are no more long climbs on this stage, except for a few gentle slopes. The Sierra de Bodenaya mountain plain, especially up to La Espina, can be a little hard-going when windy. On rainy days the path can be transformed into a veritable mud bath, particularly from La Pereda on. From El Pedregal there may be small streams flowing along the route.
- Flora, fauna en landbouw
- The first part of the ascent to La Espina is flanked by wooded areas, and on the level ground at the end there are outstanding scenic views of the countryside around Tineo. This last part of the path goes through green and leafy oak and beech woods.
- Gastronomische en banketbakkersproducten
- The most typical local product is chosco de Tineo, cured pork in a natural sausage casing. The ingredients used to prepare this dish are at least 80% pork fore-loin and at least 15 % tongue, salt, ground red pepper and garlic. The mixture is stuffed into a casing made from pig's caecum, which gives it its irregular rounded appearance.