Northern Route stage 22: Sebrayo - Gijón
Iglesia de San Pedro
Deze etappe gaat door...
Sebrayo, Villaviciosa, La Parra, Niévares, El Curviellu, La Pontica, Cabueñes, Gijón
- Route behoort tot:
- The Way of Saint James
- Northern Route
- 30 Km
- 7,00. Bicycle
- Belangrijkste moeilijkheden
- A signpost at the crossroads in the district of La Parra (before going through los Grases de Abajo and Niévares) indicates a turn-off towards Oviedo and the continuation towards Gijón. The Northern Route continues towards Gijón, up the hill of El Alto de la Cruz, a tough climb of three kilometres. The road towards Oviedo leads to Santiago de Compostela via the Primitive Route.
- Flora, fauna en landbouw
- The most common tree in the area is the eucalyptus, although there are also chestnut and oak trees. This is an area with numerous apple trees; its orchards produce a type of apple which is ideal for making cider. Wide variety of animals such as foxes, otters, badgers, marten and some 180 different species of marine and migratory birds.
- Ambachtelijke producten
- Pottery, leather and musical instruments.
- Gastronomische en banketbakkersproducten
- The gastronomic specialities include fabada (white bean stew) pote asturiano (a hearty soup), hake, tuna belly, monkfish, sea bass, and butterflied sea bream. Specialities in Gijón include the fish and shellfish soup, and typical sweet tarts and cakes. In Carreño, the sea bass in sea urchin sauce and rape with apple. The most traditional dessert in this area is marañueles (aniseed biscuits).
- El Pinar recreational area (Deva): it has a children's play park, tables, barbecue, litter bins, drinking fountain and a car park.