The building dates from around the 13th century. Built in stone, with a pointed arch.Several pointed arch windows are preserved with a cylindrical section mullion and decorated capital. There is a landscaped courtyard where archaeological remains of the hermitage of San Nicolás have been found.In 1524, the building was acquired by King Carlos V of Navarre to house the Comptos Chamber. After the disappearance of the Comptos Chamber, its archive was moved to the General Archive of Navarre. The building was then occupied by the Artistic and Historic Monuments Commission who set up the Navarre Museum here, which was inaugurated in 1919.From 1941 to 1994, the building was the site of Príncipe de Viana Institution. From 1995, it went back to being the site of the Chamber of Comptos.
- Bouw: Public building
- Artistieke periode: Gothic
- Historische periode: 13th century
Van Maandag tot VrijdagVan 08:00 tot 15:00
- Entree gratis