- Wanneer: Vanaf May 1, 2019 tot Jun 1, 2019
- Waar: Roncesvalles
- Categorie: Festivity of Tourist Interest
Numerous inhabitants of the various towns in the area of the Pyrenees make a pilgrimage every spring to venerate the Virgin of the Royal Collegiate Church of Santa María, in Orreaga-Roncesvalles, Navarre.
The most interesting pilgrimages include the one in the Arce valley, which has been in existence since the 16th century; and the one in the Aezkoa valley, which is the most visually striking and colourful. All over the area in May and June you'll come across pilgrims dressed in dark tunics, or barefoot penitents covered with black veils. All process silently towards the altar of the Virgin, offering an extremely moving spectacle.
For more information, check the official website .
- Datum: Vanaf May 1, 2019 tot Jun 1, 2019
Tel. +34 948760301
Openingstijden en prijzen
- Vanaf May 1, 2019 tot Jun 1, 2019
Weekends in May and June
* Deze informatie kan worden gewijzigd