Ayuntamiento de Cáceres
Easter Week in Cáceres
- Wanneer: Vanaf Apr 14, 2019 tot Apr 21, 2019
- Waar: Cáceres
- Meer informatie: http://turismoextremadura.com/viajar/turismo/es/explora/Semana-Santa-en-Caceres/
- Categorie: Festivity of International Tourist Interest
Sobriety and religious fervour at a monumental site declared as a World Heritage site by UNESCO.
Cáceres has interesting Easter Week celebrations. We should make special mention of the beautiful religious statues, the traditional music that permeates Caceres's stunning monuments and buildings, and the cofradías (religious associations), some of which date back to the 15th century and take place in the Easter processions. Religious icons, some of which have an immense historic-artistic value, accompany members of the cofradías, on their processions through the city's historic centre, filling Cáceres with solemnity and religious fervour. At this time there is an abundance of saetas, (songs dedicated to religious statues), most of which are sung anonymously. One of the most relevant moments occurs on Easter Wednesday night, with the entrance of the Cristo Negro, a 14th century statue. It is important to note that there is absolute silence in the streets of Cáceres as it passes through. To find out more about Easter Week, we recommend you visit the visitor's centre in the Preciosa Sangre church.
- Datum: Vanaf Apr 14, 2019 tot Apr 21, 2019
Openingstijden en prijzen
- Vanaf Apr 14, 2019 tot Apr 21, 2019
* Deze informatie kan worden gewijzigd