Exhibition: Beckmann. Exile Figures
A monographic exhibition of Max Beckmann, one of Germany’s leading artists of the twentieth century.
The work of his later years is noticeable for its realism packed with symbols. His early work was closer to Expressionism and New Objectivity, especially while he was living in Germany before the First World War. At the rise of fascism in 1930 he was forced into exile, first in Holland and then in the United States.The exhibition is based precisely on these two periods, but with more focus on his work produced in exile. During this time the prevalent themes were the loss of identity and the association between exile and death. 50 pieces in total will be exhibited, including paintings, lithographs and sculptures.
- Datum: Vanaf Oct 23, 2018 tot Jan 27, 2019
Paseo del Prado 8
28014. Madrid (Madrid Region)
Openingstijden en prijzen
- Vanaf Oct 23, 2018 tot Jan 27, 2019
- Dinsdag, Woensdag, Donderdag, Vrijdag, Zondag Van 10:00 tot 19:00
- Zaterdag Van 10:00 tot 21:00
- Algemeen: 12€
* Deze informatie kan worden gewijzigd
WAT TE DOEN IN SPANJE? RESERVEER HIER JE ACTIVITEIT
- Explore with an official guide the Mosque of Cordoba. ...(+Meer zien)