On the track of Saints
A great opportunity. Go on a pilgrimage isn’t always possible for people who suffer some form of physical impairment, tiredness or fatigue, therefore Rutas Turísticas 4x4® gives you the experience in comfortable 4x4 vehicles, across old paths used by pilgrims to get forgiveness in the case of the Xacobeo, the Holy Road Lebaniego, Santo Toribio de Liébana, or meet devotees places like San Sebastián de Garabandal (Cantabria).
We will start the route in Santander by North road, splashed by the Cantábrico Sea, through the spectacular Natural Park of the Dunas de Liencres to go towards Santillana del Mar, through the village of the archbishops, Comillas, we will ascend by narrow and winding roads since Tudanca, a town declarated National Artistic Monument, where a world of sensations will allow us to breathe clean air, and we will be able hear the murmur and sound of rivers and we will be able feel the touch of the grassland in high mountain on the way to San Sebastián de Garabandal, where in 1961 the Archangel Michael and Virgin Mary appeared to three children.
We will continue, with the permission of the clouds, the path to the mountains of Peña Sagra, the Cotero de los Moros and the Braña of the ancient yews and we will descend into the Liébana Valley by dense forests of oaks and we will get to Santo Toribio de Liébana, where the largest piece of the Cross of Christ is guarded.
- Price: €100 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
San Vicente de la Barquera (Cantabria)
- Duration: 7 Hours
- Date available from: 15/05/2014
- Date available to: 31/12/2019
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. The great outdoors. Culture and traditions. Way of Saint James. Sport and adventure. Adventure sports. Nature
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: Rutas Turisticas 4x4 ®
Informatie verstrekt door de leverancier
A religious experience
Old and forgotten roads