Cartuja de Miraflores Monastery
Before the building was ceded to the Carthusian order, it was the recreational residence of Henry III of Spain, who decided to build this palace on one of his hunting reserves. The building was subsequently restored when his son King John II came to the throne, following a design by John of Cologne. Construction was finally completed in the reign of Queen Isabella, and the top architects, sculptures and painters of the time were employed for the job, including figures such as Simon of Cologne, Gil de Siloé and Pedro Berruguete. The Carthusian monastery became one of the treasures of the Gothic style of the late 15th century.
- Bouw: Carthusian monastery
- Artistieke periode: Gothic
- Historische periode: 15th century
Van Maandag tot ZaterdagVan 10:15 tot 15:00 Van 16:00 tot 18:00
ZondagVan 11:00 tot 15:00 Van 16:00 tot 18:00
Closed: 25 December, 1 and 6 January.
- Entree gratis
- Assistentie voor personen met beperkte mobiliteit
- Parkeerplaats toegankelijk voor gehandicapten
- WC toegankelijk voor gehandicapten