The yellow house
The Yellow House is a must in the cultural visit or shopping in the center of Arrecife, along with the MIAC Castillo de San José.
The two-storey building, one of the most important buildings in the city and an example of eclectic architecture for administrative use, was built in the 1920s, in the heart of the historic center of the island's capital, Arrecife.
Declared an Asset of Cultural Interest in 2002, the building underwent a profound rehabilitation process that has given way to a construction that preserves its original façade and modern and functional rooms, which house temporary exhibitions focused on knowledge and the ethnographic memory of Lanzarote, on the ground floor, and institutional offices, on the upper floor. Externally, the building is composed of three facades covered with glazed ceramics of green and ocher colors that gives rise to its name. The main entrance access consists of a door with two leaves that have a detail in forging with the initials of the institution. In the upper part of this entrance there is a balcony, and finishing off the facade, a cubic structure with clocks on three of its sides.
Likewise, the CACT have a point of information and ticket sales for the cultural events that they organize throughout the year.
- Price: €2 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French.German
- Duration: 1 Hours
- Date available from: 25/05/2016
- Date available to: 31/12/2019
- Additional information: Schedule: From Monday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. at 20:00 p.m. Saturday 10 a.m. to 14 p.pm. Prices: Adult: 2,00 euros Children: free of charge from 0 to 12 Canarian Adult Resident: 1,00 euros Residents in Lanzarote: 1.00 euro
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. In the city
- Who is it for?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Organising company: Centros Turísticos Lanzarote
Informatie verstrekt door de leverancier
The Yellow House