Piquillo Peppers from Lodosa
Piquillo Peppers from Lodosa are small, between 8 and 10 cm long, flat, triangular and end in a point.
It is a unique, native plant species, whose quality and peculiar taste make it one of the most valued produce from the farms of Navarre. Their colour is an intense red. They are fleshy, compact and consistent. The flesh if fine and sweet, not at all acid, soft on the palate with a certain roasted aftertaste. Once the peppers have been roasted and prepared, they are packaged in tins or glass jars, which must carry the corresponding numbered label from the Piquillo Pepper from Lodosa Denomination of Origin, as well as the Denomination's logo, which has been in effect since 1987.
- 産品の種類: Vegetables
- シーズン: Piquillo peppers are harvested by hand twice between the months of September and December. It can be consumed, when preserved, year-round.
- 産地: The production area comprises the land located in the 'Lower Ribera' region of Navarre, in the north of the peninsula, on the banks of the rivers Ebro and Ega, and includes eight towns: Andosilla, Ázagra, Cárcar, Lerín, Lodosa, Mendavia, San Adrián and Sartaguda. Cultivation is on defined parcels controlled by the Control Board, located in any of the eight towns mentioned, in order to control the annual production.
- お勧めの飲み物: The piquillo pepper, with a peculiar, slightly spicy vegetable flavour goes well with Crianza Red Wines, as well as with somewhat woody Dry White Wines and more fruity Natural Dry White Wines.
- レシピ: Small red peppers stuffed with meat
- 種類: The preserves covered by the Control Board are Extra and First commercial categories.
- Energy: Low
- Cholesterol: 0
- 注意: Rich in Vitamin C