Belmonte Castle Tour
The Marquis of Villena, Don Juan Pacheco, ordered it built in Mudejar Gothic style in 1456. He was trusted man of King Henry IV of Castile, and the most powerful lord in the kingdom at the time.
The star-shaped layout of the castle is one-of-a-kind, and its palatial interior decorated with luxurious Mudejar roofs in the halls and galleries, as well as the "medieval bestiary" sculpted in stone, are nonpareil in Spain. All this undeniably makes for one of the most emblematic castles in our country.
The Castle has been perfectly preserved thanks to the efforts of its owners over the centuries, completed with the latest restoration. On this occasion, the Ducal House of Peñaranda and Montijo, descendants of the Marquis of Villena and owners of the Castle, have been supported by public institutions.
The Castle of Belmonte reopened its doors to the public in July 2010, offering the visitor a cultural tour throughout the history of this emblematic monument, all the way from the 15th century to the present. The cultural tour provides an audio guide in 4 languages (Spanish, English, French and Italian), an audio-visual room with a large-screen 12-minute projection as an introduction to the tour, and light and sound technology that make visitors travel to a different time.
- Price: €9 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French.Italian
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Date available from: 28/01/2019
- Date available to: 31/01/2020
- Additional information: These rates are valid except the following days: - Historical reenacting 23-24 de Mars - Easter 18-19-20-21 de April - Banks Holidays 1 de May - Banks Holidays 31 de May - Historical Reenacting 1-2 de June - Banks Holidays 20 de June - All the month August - Medieval Tournament 22-23 de September - Banks Holidays 12-13 de October - Banks Holidays 1-2-3 de November - Banks Holidays 6-7-8 de December * See Rates in www.castillodebelmonte.com
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits
- Who is it for?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Organising company: CASTILLO DE BELMONTE
Other activities you may find interesting
€35 per person (including taxes)
On this tour you will enjoy a day with a tasting of a ... (+詳細)