Birdwatching at Covadonga Lakes
We drive you up to Covadonga Lakes (Picos de Europa) to enjoy with the birds we can find on this area. Before reaching the lakes we stop at the Mirador de la Reina viewpoint. From here we can take in the amazing sights and we can also see the vulture and lammergeier feeding point.
Once we are at the top of the road, we walk around Ercina Lake and observe some common Summer bird species in this nature spot: griffon vultures, maybe bearded vultures, eagles, redstarts, yellow-billed choughs, northern wheatears and many other species.
Is a short walk feasible to anyone, with almost no slope and by the lake shore.
We provide you with binoculars, a terrestrial telescope and bird guides. We also have as well binoculars for children.
We depend on the weather: in the case of a rainy day we would change the walk to another day (hopefully a sunny one!) or you could Build a nest box with us!
All participants will be covered by Public Liability and accident insurance.
Small groups, minimum two adult people.
- Price: €25 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.Portuguese
Cangas de Onís (Asturias)
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Date available from: 15/03/2018
- Date available to: 31/10/2020
- Category of the activity: Nature. Ecotourism. Observing nature and wildlife
- Who is it for?: LGBT. Senior. Families. Young people
- Organising company: Birdwatch Asturias
Other activities you may find interesting
€50 per person (including taxes)
We’ll go deep into this lovely protected area and enjoy ... (+詳細)