Xàtiva, a jorney back in time
Discover one of the most enigmatic and historical cities of the Region of Valencia. On the Mediterranean Coast, Xàtiva has been coveted by kings and rulers of all time and has witnessed cruel bitter sieges and revolutions.
On our tour, we are going to discover ancient life forms from the Palaeolithic, ancient civilizations and their legacy. The Medieval city sheltered Jews, Arabs and Christians, giving as a result, an extraordinary richness between the mixture of cultures. We are going to walk through its narrow cobbled streets, finding palaces worthy of Popes, where the Borja saw the light for the first time. We are going to drink water from their ancient fountains, which are said to be the oldest fountains in Spain. We are going to know the story of the first Spanish Bourbon king, whose portrait hangs upside down because of its excessive tyranny and cruelty towards its people. And finally, the exquisite fragrance of endemic plants and the energy of their millenary walls are going to lead us to its impregnable fortress on the top of the mountain, in dead, it is another dimension where time and space have no limits.
The tour includes the official guide + a souvenir: an elegant nickel-plated silver keychain with or a ceramic magnet (to choose), both are exclusive designs made by our artistic designer.
- Price: €18 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Date available from: 21/04/2017
- Date available to: 31/12/2020
- Additional information: Check prices for groups
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. In the city
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: Love Xàtiva Tours
Other activities you may find interesting
€20 per person (including taxes)
Tomelloso retains still a long artisan tradition, ... (+詳細)