A window to the Universe - A unique experience in Europe
The Astronomical Observatory of Calar Alto and Azimuth offer you the unique opportunity in Europe to make a visual observation through a professional research telescope of 1.23m opening.
We have a got a plan to make you feel like a professional astronomer for one night. Do you want to be part of it?
We meet at the meeting point at the western end of the Observatory next to the car park and visitor centre (Meeting point map).
.- Reception and welcome to the Centre by the Session Director. Welcoming light refreshment (includes alcoholic drinks) and introduction of the event program.
.- Talk / presentation at the library providing an enjoyable way to introduce you to the history and evolution of the Observatory, the relevance of the scientific investigation carried out and the basis of astronomy and the study of the Universe through the use of light.
.- After the presentation it is time to prepare for the activity of astronomical observation through the 1.23m telescope of Calar Alto, the jewel in the crown of astro-tourism activities offered from the Observatory by the Azimuth team. Let our imagination run while viewing through the telescope taking us from the stunning observation of planets in the solar system, to the always delicate structure of planetary nebulae, the spherical shapes of globular clusters or contemplate the light of the most distant galaxies.
A unique opportunity not miss out to understand the Universe we live in.
- Price: €125 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
- Duration: 5 Hours
- Date available from: 10/07/2016
- Date available to: 31/12/2020
- Additional information: Please check availability and dates from our website or contact directly anyone of Azimuth team. We would like to remind you that you can access this activity either purchasing tickets from the programmed public activities calendar or arranging your private session (this modality is aimed to groups up to 15 people ideally starting from 8 to 10 people).
- Category of the activity: Nature. Ecotourism. Stargazing
- Who is it for?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Organising company: Azimuth
Unique experience in Europe
Look through a professional telescope
Scientific tourism and nature
Other activities you may find interesting
€83 per person (including taxes)
We will pick you up by car at a meeting point in the ... (+詳細)