Discover Calar Alto Sky-Astronomy guided tour
Discover Calar Alto Observatory night sky through this astronomy guided tour.
Calar Alto Observatory is set in a privileged place where the night sky is protected by law to provide exceptional conditions for scientific study.
Taking advantage of these particular conditions we offer a educational astronomy guided tour through the universe.
Firstly we will get you to know the infrastructures which form the professional observatory as well as the relevance of the astrophysics research carried there. Secondly the talk will provide you with an insight into the key points of practising observational astronomy.
Afterwards we move out to the dark sky, where we will give the you the basic tools to understand and interpret the workings of the night sky, observing along the way the most interesting astronomical objects of that night.
Our tours are provided by personnel with academic and scientific training.
- Price: €36 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Date available from: 09/07/2016
- Date available to: 31/12/2020
- Additional information: The activity "Discover Calar Alto Sky" is run when there is no moon presence in the sky or when its phase is yet a low illuminated one so that we can enjoy a beatifull dark night sky. Please check our website for availability.
- Category of the activity: Nature. Ecotourism. Stargazing
- Who is it for?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Organising company: Azimuth
Observing regions within the Milky Way
Enjoy the dark night sky
Other activities you may find interesting
€23.75 per person (including taxes)
This lineal itinerary goes from south to north of the ... (+詳細)
Alcalà de Xivert
€310 per person (including taxes)
The opening of the mountain hut Cap de Llauset, in a ... (+詳細)