Pau Casades was a young entrepreneur with his own textile-printing business. He became a wealthy businessman and in 1882 commissioned the master builder Antoni Serra Pujals to construct a house on a plot of land in the Eixample. These are the origins of the Palau Casades.
The neo-classical style building has a rectangular floor plan and is set around a central courtyard with multi-coloured marble columns which leads to the different rooms. It consists of three sections: the original Palau Casades, the replica on Carrer Roger de Llúria (built as part of the extension in 1950) and the building on the corner which acts as a "hinge" between the two, forming a symmetrical structure.
The building is home to the wonderful library of the Col·legi d'Advocats which specialises in law and social sciences. It is considered the most important private law library in Europe and contains more than 300,000 books.
What does your booking include?:
- 1-hour guided tour of the Palau Casades.
- Price: €14 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
- Duration: 1 Hours
- Date available from: 07/07/2017
- Date available to: 31/12/2030
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. In the city
- Who is it for?: Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Organising company: Turisme de Barcelona