Feel the art of rumba catalana
Discover the passion, art and rhythm of Rumba Catalana, the genuine Barcelona´s popular musical heritage.
With this experience you will live first-hand this fiery art of Barcelona, a truly cultural and musical heritage of Catalonia, originally developed in downtown areas in the 50´s, that became internationally recognized due to the closing ceremony of Barcelona´92 Olympic Games. Rumba originally means party, so you know what to expect.
This emotional flamenco style is known by its graceful arm movements, fierce stomping, deep regrets and strumming guitars. Rumba is the most unsteady and fastest one, characterized by a festive improvised dance, rich in natty and sensual movements of pelvis, hips and shoulders.
Live such a remarkable and surprising evening. Over a 2´30 hours experience, where we will meet and share the good vibes and ancient knowledge of some of the greatest local rumba dancers and musicians at the most iconic Rumba Catalana venue of our days in Barcelona.
First we will get involve in a 45 minutes private masterclass to understand the origins and story of rumba. We will learn how to dance its steps and movements, and how to keep the “compas” (tempo) handclapping, all of it within flamenco guitars and “cajon” live music.
Finally, once you feel the Rumba Catalana in your hands, we will attend to an authentic rumba show of 1´30 hours, enjoying the amazing art and power of some of the best rumba dancers and players, while enjoying a drink and tasting traditional tapas, as the best final for a truly unique and unforgettable experience of Barcelona.
- Price: €39 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
- Duration: 2 Hours, 30 Minutes
- Date available from: 01/01/2016
- Date available to: 31/01/2020
- Additional information: Experience available every day from 19.30 to 22 hours, booking 12 hours in advance. Rumba workshop + show attendance + 4 tapas + 2 drinks= 69 € Rumba workshop + show attendance + drink: 39 €
- Category of the activity: Culture and traditions. Flamenco
- Who is it for?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Young people
- Organising company: Vívelus
Feel the Rumba Catalana
Fusion of styles made in Barcelona
An amazing evening
Art and passion
Other activities you may find interesting
€255 per person (including taxes)
Learn about Spain's religious heritage and visit the ... (+詳細)