LOS ÓRGANOS DE BENITANDÚS: Geo-tourism
Sierra de Espadán mountain range is what biologists call "the Mediterranean jungle", which holds one of the southernmost cork-tree forests (Quercus suber) of the Spanish Mare Nostrum. This time we will begin walking from Benitandús’s reservoir, a fresh, clean water lake nestled between mountains, crossing through a wild cork-tree forest right to the spectacular geological scenery of the Órganos, a red rock formation made of siliceous cliffs that will definitely surprise you. When arriving there, we will have our classic local products lunch and continue walking through cork-trees and pines forests, visiting trenches, lewis and bunkers of the Spanish Civil War, dry stone constructions and other cultural attractions. The activity will finish descending through Alcornocal canyon way back to Benitandús.
Meeting point: Benitandús (Alcudia de Veo)
Approx. duration: 5 h
Recomm. age: Children from 8
Distance: 7 km
- Price: €23.75 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French
Alcudia de Veo (Castellón - Castelló)
- Duration: 1 Day
- Date available from: 12/01/2018
- Date available to: 31/12/2020
- Additional information: 15% discount groups of 4/+ people. For more info: http://www.itinerantur.com/ --- email@example.com
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. The great outdoors. Nature. Hiking
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: ITINERANTUR -Rutas. Cultura. Natura.-
Sierra de Espadán Natural Park.
Dry stone´s architecture.
The Mediterranean Jungle.