Aín´s castle and the forest´s dwellers
We are in the most important cork oak forest in the Valencian Community. It is what naturalists call “the authentic Mediterranean jungle”, which happens to be one of the most biodiverse ecosystems in the world.
Initially we will tour the centre of the charming village of Ain, full of history (this was one of the epicentres of the Moorish Revolts of the 16th century) and, of course, fountains, canals and watermills (the name of this town comes from the Arabic "place of water"). En route we will investigate the relationship that human and non-human inhabitants have maintained and kept with forest and, thus, learn how you can live harmoniously with nature. The example that will guide us will be the cork extraction practiced for centuries. When arriving at Aín’s Castle you will feel as authentic Moorish rebels ready to defend your ancestral home.
Meeting point: Aín
Approx. duration: 4 h
Difficulty: Very low
Recomm. age: All ages
Distance: 4,5 km
- Price: €23.75 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French
Aín (Castellón - Castelló)
- Duration: 1 Day
- Date available from: 12/01/2018
- Date available to: 31/12/2020
- Additional information: Kids younger than 8, FREE! 15% discount groups of 4/+ people.
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. The great outdoors. Nature. Hiking
- Who is it for?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Organising company: ITINERANTUR -Rutas. Cultura. Natura.-