River senia and Ulldecona´s reservoir
This reservoir of pure mountain water is the gateway to a unique natural park, the most biodiverse in the Valencian Community according to recent studies, wild and full of history. The route runs mostly among trees of various species, making it a nice, fresh journey. With water always beside the path, we will make several stops to find some funny secrets of vegetation and animals –as the spectacular Hispanic wild goat inhabiting these lands-. We will pass by the Forn del Vidre, an old farmhouse that nowadays houses the Natural Park’s Wildlife Recovery Centre, where everyone will see what happens to the animals and plants that are endangered. Among outstanding views of the mountains and the valley we will continue en route to the reservoir’s dam. Finally, right before mealtime, we will visit Font de Sant Pere’s leisure area, a quiet and idyllic location down to La Senia perfect for relaxing, swimming, enjoying the river and learning the importance of riparian vegetation.
Meeting point: Les Ombries de Benifassà’s Leisure Area (La Pobla de Benifassà)
Difficulty: Very low.
Recomm. age: All ages
Distance: 4 km
- Price: €23.75 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French
Pobla de Benifassà, La (Castellón - Castelló)
- Duration: 1 Day, 3 Hours,
- Date available from: 12/01/2018
- Date available to: 31/12/2020
- Additional information: Kids younger than 8, FREE! 15% discount groups of 4/+ people. Next Scheduled route: Saturday 27th August. For more info: http://www.itinerantur.com/ruta-16-eng.html ------email@example.com
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. The great outdoors. Sport and adventure. Nature. Observing nature and wildlife. Hiking
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: ITINERANTUR -Rutas. Cultura. Natura.-