Do not miss this unique guided tour that will allow you to delve deeper into the history and present of the Cathedral of Seville and the Royal Alcazar, two emblematic monuments of the city.
Accompanied by an expert local guide, you will visit first the Roman Catholic Cathedral of Seville. It is the largest Gothic Cathedral and the third-largest church in the world and was registered in 1987 by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.
Its construction began in 1433 on the old Almohad mosque, being completed in 1507, 65 years later. From this ancient mosque, the Giralda and the Patio de los Naranjos(Orange Courtyard) are preserved.
Nowadays the Patio de los Naranjos is one of the most important annexes of the Cathedral de Sevilla, being fully integrated into it.
The Giralda has the role of bell tower of the Cathedral of Seville. Its height is 343 feet (105 m) and It is making it visible from part of the city, so you can admire spectacular views of Seville from there.
The interior of the Cathedral has the longest nave of any cathedral in Spain. The central nave rises to a height of 42 meters and is lavishly decorated with a large quantity of gilding. It is also the burial site of Christopher Columbus.
Still excited by the unique tour that you just made, you will enjoy the second part of your visit in the Royal Alcazar of Seville , the oldest Royal Palace still in use in Europe and one of Seville's most emblematic symbols.
Originally a Moorish fort, the palace is renowned as one of the most beautiful in Spain, being regarded as one of the most outstanding examples of mudéjar architecture found on the Iberian. It was registered in 1987 by Unesco as a World Heritage Site.
Surrounded by ancient walls, are the gardens, which represent a fundamental part of the Alcazar. The walk through the gardens is one of the most pleasant of Seville.
- Price: €39 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Date available from: 19/01/2016
- Date available to: 31/12/2025
- Additional information: - Departures: From Monday to Saturday (Except 25th of December & 1st of January). - Pick up time: 11:35. The tour will finish at 13:35 approx.
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. In the city
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: NATTIVUS EXPERIENCE
Catedral de Sevilla.Oliver Clarke Flickr
Alcázar. Alessandro Bonvini Flickr