Iberian Lynx tour
In our Iberian Lynx Tour we will put all our effort to see the most threatened feline in the entire world, the Iberian Lynx.
The work that the Spanish authorities and landowners are doing to preserve this amazing hunter, benefits a large number of large raptors such as Black vulture, Golden and Spanish Imperial eagle. Thus, the density of resident raptors is astonishing and one of the largest of all Iberian peninsula.
Furthermore, we will look out for this top predator and also for mammals, raptors and the beautiful Mediterranean forest landscapes.
Day 1. Malaga Airport-Andujar Natural Park. We will spend the time between flights in the Guadalhorce River. After lunch, we will head for the Laguna de Fuente la Piedra where will be look for Flamingos, Common Cranes, Hen and Black-winged Kites, waders and different species of wildfowl. Then, we will continue our trip to the heart of Sierra de Andújar, where we will be accommodated during the tour.
Day 2-4. Iberian Lynx Tour. After an early breakfast, we will move to the best viewing points in all Sierra de Andújar to watch a wide variety of wildlife. We will be in search for mammals such as the Wild Boar, Red and Fallow Deer, Mouflon, Spanish Ibex, Otter and the top predator the Iberian Lynx.
Regarding birds, we will look out for the abundant raptors such as Golden Eagle, Black and Griffon Vulture and Spanish Imperial Eagle. Azure-winged Magpie, Hoopoe, Blue Rock Thrush, Iberian Green Woodpecker, Sardenian and Dartford Warbler will be seen in the Mediterranean forest around us.
Day 5. Andújar-Málaga Airport. After this exciting Iberian Lynx Tour, it is time to head back to the airport. Time between flights will be spent again in the Guadalhorce where we will be watching birds from the hides. Cetti’s Warbler, Penduline Tit, Reed Bunting, White-headed Duck, Common Teals, Shovelers, Audouin’s Gull and other wildfowl are frequently seen in the reserve
- Price: €740 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
Alhama de Granada (Granada)
- Duration: 5 Day
- Date available from: 12/12/2017
- Date available to: 21/02/2024
- Additional information: This tour is available from December to early March 740 €/person (4 -6 people) 1 person/ 2 people, please ask for a budget. Single supplement: 60 € Please, notice that this tour involves to spend most of the day in a viewpoint to increase the chances of seeing the elusive cat. What is included: – Travel from Málaga airport in modern, fully seat belted, air conditioned vehicles – 4 Nights in a beautiful rural house surrounded by forest. – All meals included, picnic for lunch and evening meals – Tour guided by a professional bird guide – Basic travel insurance and fuel What is not included: – Air fare (low cost companies operate daily flights to Malaga from several European airports) – Drinks and other items of a personal nature
- Category of the activity: Nature. Ecotourism. Observing nature and wildlife
- Who is it for?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Organising company: Birdwatching Spain
Other activities you may find interesting
€72 per person (including taxes)
Seville is our meeting point. ... (+詳細)
Coria del Río