Wine Tourism- Tasting Visit
Bodegas Faelo is a small familiar winery with more than 100 years of vinegrowing tradition. It is ran by the fourth generation of traditional winegrowers in Matola,an area in the countryside of Elche, in the south of DO of Alicante in Spain (an area with a long winemaking tradition). They are the “Vinos del Camp d’Elx (Wines from the field of Elche).
Until the year 2000 the bottling of Faelo wines had never been made in the House-Winery. Their wines were sold in bulk, but Jaime Soto, owner of Bodegas Faelo, along with his father, decided to combine tradition and technological advances in winemaking. That decision gave birth to the winery philosophy: “Bodegas Faelo Selected Viticuture”
As growers, they are governed by respect to natural environment, their tradititions, as well as biodynamic and selected viticulture. They take care of their vineyards (land and grapevines) in a natural way obtaining, thus, a product in harmony with environment.
This option includes a visit to our winery guided by its owner. You will visit our house, winepress and museum, vineyard, fermentation room and barrel room. Moreover, you will taste three wines (white, red and rosé) accompanied by dried sausages from the area, artisan cheeses, homemade bread with extra virgin olive oil and dried fig and date bread.
The price is 10€ per person.
The duration of the visit is one hour and a half approximately.
- Price: €10 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
Elche (Alicante - Alacant)
Alicante (Alicante - Alacant)
- Duration: 1 Hours, 30 Minutes
- Date available from: 28/04/2015
- Date available to: 31/12/2021
- Additional information: visits with reservation in advance
- Category of the activity: Gastronomy. Wine tourism
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: Bodegas Faelo
OLD RAFAEL WINERY
LAGAR PRESS ROOM
HOUSE WINERY BODEGAS FAELO