Shellfish workshops in the beaches of the Arousa island
By the hand of a professional gatherer of shellfish, discover the extraction secrets of this valued bivalbes (clams, cocales, etc.)
This is assemble in one activity, culture and tradition, since the aim is that you know the daily works of a hard but reconognized job. Fit a pair of boots and you can check yourself how works a native gatherer shellfish, extraction methods they used, used arts, how to differentiate different types of clams and everything related to production, collection and sale in the fish market. All of this in a practical way.
* This workshops can also be teached in the famous bed clams of Carril
The extraction area could change each week depending of the tides. You will accompany a professional gatherer shellfish to some beach of the island so that she show s you their secrets and how to extract the different bivalbes. We will finish the activity in the fish market located in the Xufre´s Port (Arosa Island) to see a genuine shellfish auction.
About 2 hours. We must to take into account the length tides in that week.
Level of difficulty:
It hasn´t any difficulty, it just could be a little uncomfortable for people with reduced mobility.
Shuttle service at the beginning of the activity and collection at the end of the workshop
Civil liability insurance and accidents
Equipment that we provide: a pair of gumboots, professional guide-gatherer shelllfish on active, transfers to Carril´s Port and return to origin point.
To bring comfortable and warm clothing (as a raincoat) if the weather changes and
Solar protection (cap and sun cream)
You must bring spare clothes
Don´t forget your camera to immortalize the experience!
- Price: €8 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
Illa de Arousa, A (Pontevedra)
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Date available from: 14/11/2014
- Date available to: 31/12/2020
- Additional information: Available all the year
- Category of the activity: Culture and traditions. Nature. Ecotourism
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: PIRAGÜILLA OCIO Y AVENTURA
Shellfish workshops in the beaches of th