MIAC- Castillo de San José
The International Contemporary Art Museum-Castillo de San José is located near Puerto Naos and Arrecife, capital of the island.
It was built between 1776 and 1779 under the mandate of King Charles III. Its advantageous location on top of a cliff, was an added asset to the powerful Castle of San Gabriel, and made it an essential spot to defend Arrecife from and its port against the threat of modern states in conflict with the Spanish Empire.
It was abandoned for almost a century, when it became less necessary to use it as a fortress.
César Manrique convinced the authorities of the island to transform the ancient fortress into an art gallery, and the International Contemporary Art Museum opened in 1976.
- Prezzo: 4€ per persona (imposte incluse)
- Attivitàa disponibile nelle seguenti lingue: Spagnolo.Inglese.Francese.Tedesco
- Durata: 1 Ore
- Data disponibile dal: 07/11/2018
- Data disponibile fino al: 07/11/2019
- Informazioni aggiuntive: Museum: from 10:00 to 20:00 Restaurant Qué-Muac (free access) : •Restaurant: 12:00-16:00 Tuesday to Saturday 19:00-23:00 Fridays and Saturdays (Museum Nights) •Coffee Shop: 10:00-20:00 Monday to Sunday •Drinks/Bar: 21:30-01:00 Fridays and Saturdays
- Categoria dell´attività: Circuiti e visite
- Per chi?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Impresa organizzatrice: Centros Turísticos Lanzarote
Informazioni a cura del fornitore
MIAC- Castillo de San José.