Jardín de Cactus
Jardín de Cactus was the last intervention work César Manrique performed in Lanzarote.
The artist from Lanzarote could see beyond how run down the ancient rofera was. Roferas were the quarries that raids are taken from to create a very particular home for cactaceae flowers from all over he world.
Surrounded by the largest cactus plantation of the island, dedicated to crops of cochineal insect, a product of great financial relevance in Lanzarote in the 19th Century. Jardín de Cactus has around 4,500 specimens of 450 different species, of 13 different families of cactus from the five continents. The green shade of the plants stands out against the blue sky and the dark volcano creating a harmonious explosion of colour that impresses visitors. The only sounds that break the peace and quiet that prevails, are singing birds and boozing insects, enjoying their very own oasis.
High volcanic ash monoliths, that maintain the memory of years gone by, challenging plants from America, Africa and Oceania. At the top, on a small hill, windmills can be seen on the horizon, still standing, where Canarian cornmeal was ground dating back to the 19th Century.
- Prezzo: 5,8€ per persona (imposte incluse)
- Attivitàa disponibile nelle seguenti lingue: Spagnolo.Inglese.Francese.Tedesco
- Durata: 1 Ore, 30 Minuti
- Data disponibile dal: 07/11/2018
- Data disponibile fino al: 07/11/2019
- Informazioni aggiuntive: Opening hours: 10:00 to 17:45. Summer opening hours (15 July – 15 September)09:00 to 17:45 *On December 24 and 31, the center closes at 16:45.
- Categoria dell´attività: Circuiti e visite
- Per chi?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Impresa organizzatrice: Centros Turísticos Lanzarote
Informazioni a cura del fornitore
Jardín de Cactus