Visits to the German-Spanish Astronomical Calar Alto
The Astronomical Observatory of Calar Alto is the largest in continental Europe, with professional telescopes up to 3.5 metres aperture.
It is operated jointly by the Institute of Astrophysics of Andalusia (Spain) and the Max Planck Institute for Astronomy in Heidelberg (Germany), producing a joint venture of international science.
The visit consists of an instructive lecture about the observatory and the scientific use of telescopes in astronomy, followed by the visit to the building of one of the telescopes. Tours are guided by qualified personnel with scientific training.
- Prix: 12€ par personne (TTC)
- Activité disponible dans les langues suivantes: Espagnol.Anglais
- Durée: 2 Heures
- Date disponible du: 25/06/2016
- Date disponible au: 31/12/2020
- Informations complémentaires: Public visits on Saturday (or Sunday - check Azimuth website) Visiting hours from 12:00h until 14:00h For safety reasons this activity is only available for people over 8 years old
- Catégorie de l´activité: Nature. Écotourisme. Observer les étoiles
- Pour qui ?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Entreprise organisatrice: Azimuth
Informations fournies par le prestataire
Calar Alto Astronomy Observatory