The removal cork in Sierra de Espadán
We’ll be located in one of the very hearts of the immense Sierra de Espadán’s Natural Park. What makes this territory really special are its dense cork-tree forests, which thousands of years ago decided to live here because of the special geological and climatic characteristics. It's the authentic Mediterranean Jungle.
We’ll begin our journey investigating deeper into Mosquera’s valley, letting ourselves be guided by a vast and wild landscape to the eponymous farmhouse, the ancient cork production centre which corked wines and cavas in all Spain. And an expert will show us how to remove the cork from the cork-trees.
After a simple descent down to Almanzor’s ravine (who was this character? And what did him have to do with a monumental chestnut-tree?) and having learned almost everything about the past and present uses of this impressive forest, we will reach the ancient Moorish population of Almedíjar, famous for its mineral water sources, its organic cheeses made in the traditional manner (fermented with thistle’s flower) and its red wines, which are already achieving more and more fame each time. All this you’ll be able to taste before finishing the activity at lunchtime.
Meeting point: Almedíjar
Recomm. age: Kids from 6
Distance: 6 km
- Prix: 26,75€ par personne (TTC)
- Activité disponible dans les langues suivantes: Espagnol.Anglais.Français
Almedíjar (Castellón - Castelló)
- Durée: 5 Heures
- Date disponible du: 12/01/2018
- Date disponible au: 31/12/2020
- Informations complémentaires: Kids younger than 8, FREE! 15% discount groups of 4/+ people. Next Scheduled route: Saturday, 9th of July.
- Catégorie de l´activité: Circuits et visites. Dans la nature. Nature. Agrotourisme. Randonnée
- Pour qui ?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Entreprise organisatrice: ITINERANTUR -Rutas. Cultura. Natura.-
Informations fournies par le prestataire