Andújar devotion to Mary
The Basilica and Royal Sanctuary of Our Lady of the Cabeza was initially built between 1287 and 1304 in the Cerro de la Cabeza, from which the Virgin takes its title, located in the same place where the appearance of the image took place in 1227. The pilgrimage to the Basilica is the second oldest in Spain, with nearly 800 years of history.
Day 1, arrival at the accommodation and check-in. Lunch and free time. During tonight’s dinner, our host will tell us everything about the importance of the Pilgrimage of the Virgen de la Cabeza for the people from Andújar.
Day 2, in the morning we will go up in mule (or walking) to the Sanctuary, where we will visit its Museum. In the afternoon, we will continue with the Hermitage of the Virgin. Accommodation in the Sanctuary.
Day 3, in the morning we will return to Andújar, to visit the most outstanding religious monuments of the city. For lunch, we will have a tapas tour through some of the best taverns of the city. In the afternoon, we will approach a flamenco costume workshop, an essential part of the Pilgrimage.
Day 4, in the morning we will transfer to Úbeda and Baeza, declared as a Unesco World Heritage. We will also visit a family-owned oil mill. We will eat at Baeza before going on a cultural tour through Úbeda.
Day 5, after breakfast, we will go to a local clay workshop to watch and learn how they work on their pieces.
- Prix: 750€ par personne (TTC)
- Activité disponible dans les langues suivantes: Espagnol.Anglais.Français
- Durée: 5 Jours
- Date disponible du: 22/10/2018
- Date disponible au: 31/12/2020
- Catégorie de l´activité: Circuits et visites. Villes. Culture et traditions. Fêtes traditionnelles
- Pour qui ?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Entreprise organisatrice: TURISMO VIVENCIAL
Informations fournies par le prestataire
To the Sanctuary by cariage