Learn to weave a Rug (Jarapa), with your hands in Alpujarra
The village of Bubión is perched at an altitude of 1,290 metres in the Poqueira River gorge in the north-east part of Granada’s Alpujarra region, boasting spectacular views of both the Mediterranean Sea and the peaks of the Sierra Nevada. The Hilacar textile workshop, devoted to the artisan production of “jarapa” rugs, is to be found in the heart of the village. These traditional fabrics, which are characterised by their wide array of colours and by being the fruit of an artisan craft that stretches back centuries, are woven on looms that have been in operation for more than 200 years, producing pieces for varying uses such as wall hangings, carpets, curtains, cushion covers and so on.
The workshop was founded with the noble purpose of sharing the culture and heritage of these artisan trades and skills which are part of our legacy and which are currently in danger of disappearing.
The sharing of prior knowledge and experience of loom weaving, natural fibres of animal or vegetable origin, the designing of colours and starting to weave, all under the continued supervision of the master artisan.
Visit to Casa Alpujarreña Museum
Complete “jarapa” measuring 50cm x 70cm
- Prix: 32€ par personne (TTC)
- Activité disponible dans les langues suivantes: Espagnol.Anglais.Allemand
- Durée: 3 Heures
- Date disponible du: 03/11/2014
- Date disponible au: 28/02/2021
- Catégorie de l´activité: Shopping. Culture et traditions
- Pour qui ?: Young people. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Entreprise organisatrice: HILACAR artesANA
Informations fournies par le prestataire