Primitive Route stage 07: Peñaseita - La Mesa
Camino de Santiago
Tämä etappi kulkee seuraavien kohteiden kautta...
Peñaseita, La Roza, La Reigada, Montefurado, Lago, Berducedo, La Mesa
- Mihin reitti kuuluu:
- The Way of Saint James
- Reitin nimi:
- The Primitive Route
- 13,00 Km
- 3,00. Bicycle
- Pääasialliset vaikeudet
- Difficult climb up to Puerto De Palo, flanked by a thick forest of beech and oak. This stretch has the greatest height difference on the Primitive Route; the ascent goes from an altitude of 524 metres to 1,145 at the summit.
- Kasvisto, eläimistö ja viljelykset
- This stage goes through the districts of Allande and Grandas de Salime, the site of the protected areas of the Carondio and Valledor mountains, with great natural and scenic value.
- Gastronomia- ja konditoriatuotteet
- The cuisine in Grandas de Salime is based on the quality of the different varieties of meats available in the area. Soups made with turnip greens, beans or cabbage are other popular dishes, as well as products derived from pork, such as sausages and cured meats. Brazo de gitano (a sweet roll), crème caramel, mantecadas, roscones and maravillas (varieties of cakes and pastries) are among the popular local confectionery. There is also excellent honey, particularly heather honey, which is one of the emblematic products of this district.