Mille alueelle Espanjaa tämä on tyypillistä?
- Itsehallintoalue: Principality of Asturias
Delicious block cheese, very similar to that from Cantabria, made in the eastern part of the province of Asturias.
It is a rectangular shaped cheese, made of pressed paste, weighing around a kilo. It is made in a very similar way to Cantabrian cheese, with cows milk to which milk fermenting agents and industrial rennet are added. It is a soft matured cheese, one of the so-called "cream cheeses", with a very soft, creamy elastic paste. Inside it is even and creamy, and its flavour is milky, mild and not at all greasy.
- Tuotteen tyyppi: Others
- Kausittainen: Nowadays it is made and eaten all year round.
- Alkuperä: The area of manufacture lies in the area of Llanes, in the eastern central part of the Principality of Asturias, bordering Cantabria.
- Suositeltu juoma: Crianza dry white wines and young reds.
- Reseptit: 'Pasiega' cheesecake
- Energy: Average
- Cholesterol: Average
- Huomautuksia: Rich in calcium, lipids, proteins.