Mille alueelle Espanjaa tämä on tyypillistä?
- Itsehallintoalue: Principality of Asturias
On the Asturian coast the anglerfish, a fish with firm, tasty flesh, is known as the 'pixín'.
The anglerfish is a teleostean coliform fish with a large head and enormous mouth, very consistent, without scales, and with white flesh that is very tasty and low in fat. Because of the way it looks, it is also known as the 'toad fish' or 'pejesapo'. Its head is used to make soups and its tail offers exquisite pieces. It is the base for a number of recipes in Asturias: lobster-style anglerfish, 'a la sidra' (in cider sauce), 'fabada con pixín' (bean stew with anglerfish', wild mushrooms with anglerfish or fried anglerfish, among others.
- Tuotteen tyyppi: Fish
- Alkuperä: The anglerfish, fished off the coast of Asturias, is of an excellent quality.
- Suositeltu juoma: Crianza and non-crianza White Wines.
- Ostospaikat: 'Pixín' is available at most Fish Exchanges at the ports along the Asturian Coast, as well as in many fish markets throughout the province.
- Reseptit: Fish soup
- Energy: Low
- Cholesterol: Low
- Huomautuksia: Rich in Proteins.