Bierzo conference pears
Mille alueelle Espanjaa tämä on tyypillistä?
- Itsehallintoalue: Castilla y Leon
The Conference pear, grown in the Leonese county of Bierzo, has unmatched flavour and texture, qualities that make it a much appreciated variety.
Although it is not a native crop in Bierzo, it can be demonstrated that, since the first plantations in the area, this variety has become perfectly adapted to the climatic and soil conditions of the county, giving rise to a pear with extraordinary quality both in its external appearance and the sensory properties that define an exquisite flavour. One of the main characteristics of the Bierzo conference pear is the rust on its skin, very highly appreciated, which is due to the characteristic climate of the area, with a great deal of mist. Its pulp is consistent, with a high sugar content, and it is rather large. The quality of the conference pear makes it suitable to be eaten fresh or to be made into preserves, either in wine or syrup. Because of all that, this variety of fruit is on the way to becoming a product with a Designation of Origin.
- Tuotteen tyyppi: Fruit
- Kausittainen: The conference pear is harvested between the end of August and the beginning of September. Only part of the production is intended for immediate consumption.
- Alkuperä: The production, preparation and packaging area is the county of El Bierzo, in the north-west part of the province of Leon. This is an area surrounded by a ring of mountains with a series of geomorphological and climatological traits ideal for producing high quality pears.
- Suositeltu juoma: The pears are excellent eaten with sweet or sparkling wine and, if cooked with wine, can be eaten as a dessert together with a young red.
- Energy: Low
- Cholesterol: 0
- Huomautuksia: Rich in fibre.