Lamb from Extremadura
Mille alueelle Espanjaa tämä on tyypillistä?
- Itsehallintoalue: Extremadura
Juicy and tender meat, a basic ingredient in many recipes from the provinces of Extremadura.
Lamb from Extremadura comes from the Merina breed and its crosses. It is a pink meat with an excellent texture, very tender, not very fatty, and very juicy and aromatic. The lambs are raised in the meadow lands of Extremadura and fattened on high quality feed. They are slaughtered at the age of three months, weighing between 20 and 25 kg. The meat is an essential ingredient in many Extremaduran dishes, and it is delicious roasted, marinated, fried, or stewed with other ingredients.
- Tuotteen tyyppi: Meat
- Kausittainen: It may be consumed year-round.
- Alkuperä: The production area covers all of the north of Spain, but primarily the whole of the Autonomous Region of Extremadura.
- Suositeltu juoma: Lamb from Extremadura is delicious with fresh non-crianza red wines or more elaborate crianza red wines, depending on how it is prepared and the ingredients that accompany it.
- Ostospaikat: Currently, Lamb from Extremadura is available at most speciality butcher's shops in the Autonomous Region of Extremadura, as well as in most large supermarkets and stores on the peninsula.
- Reseptit: Lamb stew