Aubergine from Almagro
Aubergines from Almagro
Mille alueelle Espanjaa tämä on tyypillistä?
- Itsehallintoalue: Castilla-La Mancha
The delicious dressed Aubergine from Almagro, of the Solarum melongena variety, was originally part of the Arabic cuisine, which introduced this creation practice to the Campo de Calatrava area, where it has been maintained ever since.
The characteristic dressing for the aubergine from Almagro was at first an excellent for of preserving a seasonal food, in a location that does not abound in vegetables. Nowadays, it is presented in a variety of ways on the market: dressed, stuffed, with or without pepper paste and chopped. Early aubergines are used while they are still green and small. They are cooked clean and split in half. Then they may be stuffed with pepper paste and skewered with fennel sticks. Finally, they are put in vinegar until ready to be consumed. The gastronomical peculiarity of the aubergines from Almagro has crossed our borders, so some of them are reserved for exportation. It is a product that is directly identified with our land. The approval of the Denomination of Origin guarantees their quality.
- Tuotteen tyyppi: Vegetables
- Kausittainen: Because it is a preserved product, it is sold year-round.
- Alkuperä: Aubergines from Almagro are made in the Campo de Calatrava region in the province of Ciudad Real. The towns included in this Denomination of Origin are: Aldea del Rey, Almagro, Bolaños, Calzada de Calatrava, Granátula de Calatrava and Valenzuela de Calatrava.
- Suositeltu juoma: Aubergines from Almagro go quite well with sparkling wines, dry white wines or young red wines.
- Ostospaikat: It is available in many stores throughout Spain.
- Muut vaihtoehdot: The varieties allowed by the Control Board are the Sculentum and Depressum subspecies.
- Energy: Low
- Cholesterol: 0
- Huomautuksia: Rich in Minerals