Andaricas (Velvet swimcrabs)
Mille alueelle Espanjaa tämä on tyypillistä?
- Itsehallintoalue: Principality of Asturias
The basis of many Asturian recipes, the "andarica" or velvet swimcrab is outstanding because of its versatility and high quality. In most of Spain it is known by the name of "nécora".
The velvet swimcrab is a seafood belonging to the 'Brachyuran' group of crustaceans. It has two front pincers and its back legs have the unusual feature of ending in a kind of paddle that enables it to move quickly in the water. It is one of the most delicate and tempting seafoods. Its colour is greenish grey-brown, with a surface covered with "velvet" which disappears on cooking when it takes on its reddish tone. Its meat is exquisite. In Asturias they are of excellent quality and form the basis for many recipes, varied soups, salads and the delicious french beans with seafood.
- Tuotteen tyyppi: Seafood
- Alkuperä: Andaricas are velvet swimcrabs captured on the Asturian coast.
- Suositeltu juoma: They are delicious eaten with white wines, which may be crianza ones, depending on the strength of the other ingredients of the dish.
- Ostospaikat: "Andaricas" can be bought in most of the fishmarkets in the ports on the Asturian coast and in many fishmonger's in the Principality of Asturias. .
- Energy: Low
- Cholesterol: Average
- Huomautuksia: Rich in Proteins.