Olive oil from Baena
Mille alueelle Espanjaa tämä on tyypillistä?
- Itsehallintoalue: Andalusia
The olive producing county of Baena, in Córdoba, is outstanding for the high quality of its oils. The Designation of Origin covers high-quality virgin oils with acidity below 1%.
This is extra virgin olive oil, obtained from olives of the Picudo or Carrasqueño de Córdoba varieties as the main variety and, to a lesser degree, Lechin, Chorrúo or Jardúo, Pajarero, Hojiblanca and Picual. It is produced in the south-eastern part of Córdoba, where a total of approximately 37,000 hectares of olive trees are grown for this oil, covered by the Designation of Origin. The olives are harvested carefully, either using mechanical or traditional methods, and the oil is made with the same care so as not to alter the olives in order to fully preserve their aroma, flavour and qualities. This is a fruity oil, with great floral aromas, slightly bitter hints of almond and a colour that varies between greenish yellow and greenish gold.
- Tuotteen tyyppi: Others
- Kausittainen: All year round.
- Alkuperä: The Designation of Origin covers the area occupied by olive groves belonging to the municipalities of Baena, Luque, Doña Mencía, Nueva Carteya, Zuheros, Albendín and Castro del Río, all of them in the south-eastern part of the province of Córdoba.
- Muut vaihtoehdot: There are different varieties depending on the degree of acidity of the oil:
- TYPE A: The maximum acidity of this oil is 0.4º and its aroma and flavour are intensely fruity, with a light background of bitter almonds.
- TYPE B: The maximum acidity is 1º and its aroma and flavour are of mature fruit.
- Huomautuksia: Rich in lipids and vitamin E.