Old Customs House
It is a classical style building situated on the seashore
The Old Customs House is one of the most important buildings which surround the Plaza del Portal de la Pau. It was built between 1896 and 1902 by Enric Sagnier and Pere García, and is in the Neoclassical style. The winged Sphinxes which crown the large towers stand out. The interior of the building houses allegorical paintings about the imaginary visit of Don Quixote to the city of Barcelona.
- Rakennus: Public building
- Tyylisuunta: Eclectic
- Aikakausi: 19th century
- Ympäristö: Monument to Columbus and the Reials Drassanes.