La vie en rose
Imagen cedida por el Museo del Traje
Photo from the “La vie en rose” exhibition
- When?: From Nov 16, 2018 to Mar 30, 2019
- Where: Costume Museum. Ethnological Heritage Research Centre
- More information : http://museodeltraje.mcu.es
The colour pink covers a wide spectrum of shades from pastel to fuchsia, including raspberry and nacre, and these hues are the stars of “La vie en rose”.
“La vie en rose” is a temporary exhibition that examines the technical and symbolic aspects associated with the use of this colour in Western culture, especially within fashion. Its many shades allude to the different periods of history when they were used and when new dyeing techniques allowed for this use.
The exhibition aims to depict how the meaning of the colour pink has gradually transformed over the course of history. It is a vast collection of pink textiles and garments covering a period from the 18th century to the present day. There are also objects including old advertising posters and kitchen utensils, pieces from other museums such as the Museo Nacional de las Artes Decorativas or the National Archaeological Museum, as well as private collections such as that of Antoni de Montpalau.
- Date: From Nov 16, 2018 to Mar 30, 2019
Avenida Juan de Herrera, 2 (Ciudad Universitaria)
28040. Madrid (Madrid Region)
Schedules and prices
- From Nov 16, 2018 to Mar 30, 2019
* Information may be subject to modifications
WHAT CAN YOU DO IN SPAIN? BOOK YOUR ACTIVITY HERE
Habsburg is the name given to Madrid when the Habsburg ...(+See more)
- Explore with an official guide the Mosque of Cordoba. ...(+See more)