The Three Temples Tour from San Sebastián, Guipúzcoa
Following San Ignacio de Loyola, visitors can follow the route between Loyola and Arantzazu, passing through La Antigua in GR-120, the Route of the Three Temples. This is the beginning of the Ignatian Way, which the saint began in 1522, in a pilgrimage that took him to Manresa.
Discover the Tour of the Three Temples: from Loyola to Arantzazu on the way to San Ignacio. Following San Ignacio de Loyola, visitors can follow the route between Loyola and Arantzazu, passing through La Antigua in GR-120, the Route of the Three Temples. This is the beginning of the Ignatian Way, which the saint began in 1522, in a pilgrimage that took him to Manresa. Route of the three temples from San Sebastián, Guipúzcoa
Saint Ignatius of Loyola was born in one of the temples, another is said to have been built with the help of pagan giants, while the third evokes an apparition of the Virgin. Here is a tour of the magical and monumental Gipuzkoa. Three temples, three symbols, each with its own style, personality and legend. The route begins at the Sanctuary of Loyola, a place of great historical value where the revolutionary change in the life of the founder of the Society of Jesus took place. The visit is made individually to enjoy all the necessary time in each case. Here is the house-tower where Iñigo de Loyola was born in 1491 and, later, a Baroque sanctuary with a large dome was built, following the design of Carlo Fontana, one of Bernini’s disciples.
A few kilometres from this place, on a natural terrace of Mount Beloki, we find the Romanesque hermitage of La Antigua, which offers us views over the industrial landscape of Urretxu and Zumárraga. Considered the Cathedral of the Basque hermitages. Lunch and last stop of the route. The legend of the Sanctuary of Arantzazu goes back to the 15th century, when the Virgin, suspended over a thorn, appeared to a shepherd. In the mid-twentieth century, this place became a laboratory of avant-garde art, becoming a controversial place.
- Price: €185 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French
San Sebastián (Guipúzcoa - Gipuzkoa)
- Duration: 10 Hours
- Date available from: 11/07/2019
- Date available to: 11/07/2020
- Additional information: Includes: Tickets, lunch, guided visit to the Sanctuary of Loyola, the Hermitage of La Antigua and the Sanctuary of Arantzazu. Driver – Guide. Pick up and drop off at the hotel (only downtown hotels).
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. The great outdoors
- Who is it for?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Organising company: Xmigrations
Information supplied by the provider
The Three Temples Tour