Discover the medieval village of Alarcón
Discover one of the most surprising Historical Historical Sets of Castilla la Mancha.
In our visits we will discover one of the most important populations in the Middle Ages in Castilla la Mancha, and today, one of its most important Historical and Artistic Sets. With only 150 inhabitants, it retains a heritage of extraordinary value. During the tour we will move to times where the town had a great splendor, which has left us, for example, one of the most important medieval fortresses in Spain.
We will calmly walk through its small historical center, where we will find jewels such as the Altarpiece and the South front of Esteban Jamete, one of the best in the province, in the parish of Santa María. The Gothic architecture of Santa Trinidad; The strength of the Castle of Alfonso VIII, and that nobody conquered. And the icing is laid by the work of Jesus Mateo (1971) with a large table of 1,500 m2, full of color where nature and mythology are merged to create a unique pictorial set in Spain.
In the walk we will visit the interior of the parish of Santa María (National Monument); The Centro de Arte Contemporáneo de Jesús Mateo (in the old church of San Juan Bautista), a work sponsored by UNESCO; The church of Santa Trinidad (Well of Cultural Interest). And we will go up to Paseo de Ronda del Castillo (now Parador of Tourism and Well of Cultural Interest), from where we will enjoy the extraordinary views of the rest of the Fort of Alarcón and the spectacle of the sickles of the Júcar river as it passes through the village .
An essential visit on your trip through the province of Cuenca!
- Price: €15 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Date available from: 26/12/2018
- Date available to: 31/12/2020
- Additional information: Departures from Tuesday to Sunday Only 20 seats per departure. Departure times on reservations website
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. In the city
- Who is it for?: Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people. LGBT
- Organising company: DESCUBRE ALARCÓN
Information supplied by the provider
View of the medieval village of Alarcón
Mural painting by Jesús Mateo
Major altarpiece of Santa María
Main door for Santa María
Don Juan Manuel Square