Montserrat and Barcelona are closer than ever thanks to the Montserrat Exprés, the quickest and most convenient way of reaching this magical monastery inside a unique natural park.
You'll be given a welcome pack at the meeting point which will help you plan your trip. The pack includes detailed guides about the places of interest, discount vouchers at the amenities inside the park and some delicious carquinyolis, a type of biscotti made at Montserrat.
Once you've left Barcelona you'll be able to enjoy an amazing trip from your train seat, following the historic tracks that will take you over bridges and through natural tunnels among imposing rock formations until you come to the station where the rack railway awaits you.
From there you'll begin your ascent of the mountain and you'll be at the shrine in just 15 minutes. The stunning views of the landscape will take your breath away!.
You'll be able to explore every area of the shrine of La Moreneta – the Black Madonna of Montserrat and patron saint of Catalonia – at your leisure with the aid of an audioguide so you won't miss out on any details.
What does your boking includes?:
- Return rail ticket from Barcelona and on the rack railway to Montserrat.
- Welcome pack and rucksack that includes a guide to the shrine of Montserrat "Open-air museum", discount vouchers you can use at the amenities on the site, a box of carquinyolis, a type of biscotti made at Montserrat, and a tasting of typical liqueurs.
- Audioguide in 8 languages with information about the train journey and monastery.
- Price: €35 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French.German
- Duration: 1 Day
- Date available from: 07/07/2017
- Date available to: 31/12/2030
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. The great outdoors. In the city
- Who is it for?: Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Organising company: Turisme de Barcelona
Information supplied by the provider
Other activities you may find interesting
€49 per person (including taxes)
Granada offers an unforgettable picture at the foot of ... (+See more)