The forgotten professions route
Serra d’En Galceran is a beautiful town in La Plana Alta inland, at the Maestrat, a historical region. During this pleasant route you will know a part of this wild region’s life, where our ancestors used to have very tough professions, which have disappeared. We will recall some of these professions which fed a lot of generations through architectonic ruins which are part of our cultural landscapes. We will homage our ancestors who, without having studied a degree but with huge skill, logic and wisdom transmitted from parents to children, were able to build enormous stone waterwheels, accurately manufacture tiles, invent incomparable gears to grind the wheat, produce and keep ice without electricity for months or travel hundreds of kilometers looking for green grass with the stars as travel mates.
All this and much more with a local products lunch invited by the organisators!
- Price: €23.75 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
Sierra Engarcerán (Castellón - Castelló)
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Date available from: 12/01/2018
- Date available to: 31/12/2020
- Additional information: Scheduled route: 18th of June, 10.00 Sierra de Engalcerán. For more info: http://www.itinerantur.com/ Kids younger than 8, FREE!
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. In the city. Culture and traditions. Gastronomy
- Who is it for?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Organising company: ITINERANTUR -Rutas. Cultura. Natura.-
Information supplied by the provider