The bastion of Andalusia.
The Castle of Almodóvar, on the crest of a hill called La Floresta, was built by the Arabs in the 8th century. Later conquered by the Christians, it served as a home for the King Pedro I "El Cruel".
Among the nine towers that make up the set, it is worth mentioning its albarrana tower, "La Torre del Homenaje".
Sold in 1629 by the King Felipe IV to Don Francisco del Corral y Guzmán and rebuilt in 1902 by the XII Count of Torralva, it is today one of the best preserved castles in Andalusia.
Artistic period: Arabic - Christian
Historical period: S. VIII
The visit can be done both free and guided, including the latter a different price that you can check on the website or contacting us.
- Price: €9 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French.German
Almodóvar del Río (Cordoba)
- Duration: 1 Hours, 30 Minutes
- Date available from: 17/06/2018
- Date available to: 30/06/2058
- Additional information: SCHEDULE: From October 1 to March 31: From Monday to Friday: from 11: 00h. to 2:30 p.m. and from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Weekends and holidays: from 11: 00h. to 7:00 p.m. Closing days: None From April 1 to September 30 From Monday to Friday: from 11: 00h. to 2:30 p.m. and from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Weekends and holidays: from 11: 00h. to 7:00 p.m. Closing days: None
- Category of the activity: Culture and traditions. Circuits and visits
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: Castillo de Almodóvar
Information supplied by the provider
Other activities you may find interesting
€18 per person (including taxes)
Inclusive Love is a different look at the permanent ... (+See more)