Andújar cultural heritage
Andújar is known for its great devotion to the Virgen of the Cabeza. As a religious destination, the Sanctuary of the Virgin of the Cabeza is one of the most important places of pilgrimage in our country. Here you will also find olive groves, tradition for flamenco, pottery crafts and good tapas.
Day 1, arrival at the accommodation and a warm welcome to Andújar. Take your time to get settled, there is no hurry. Depending on your arrival time, we will have lunch or dinner in one of our taverns.
Day 2, we will walk through the old quarter with our host, visiting the Casa del Alfarero, to learn about the importance of this tradition in the local history. We will have lunch at a busy restaurant with a local atmosphere. In the afternoon, we will go to the Sanctuary of the Virgin de la Cabeza to participate in an astronomical experience under the beautiful nightsky of Andújar. Dinner will be a picnic at the telescopic sighting area.
Day 3, after breakfast, we will go to a pottery workshop to work the clay with our hands and enjoy a unique moment with one of our craftsmen.
- Price: €275 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French
- Duration: 3 Day
- Date available from: 22/10/2018
- Date available to: 31/12/2019
- Category of the activity: Culture and traditions. Circuits and visits. In the city
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: TURISMO VIVENCIAL
Information supplied by the provider
Pilgrimage to the Sanctuary
Other activities you may find interesting
€360 per person (including taxes)
1st Day (Sun). ... (+See more)
€160 per person (including taxes)
Travel back in time to self-sufficient colonies of the ... (+See more)