A walk through Modernist 1900 in Barcelona & gastronomy of the chef Martin Berasategui
This experience is a trip to the Modernist architectural splendor in the heart of Barcelona. The beauty of Palau Güell, family residence of Antoni Gaudí's patron Eusebi Güell, and the spectacular Hotel España (****) remodeled by Lluís Domènech i Montaner will captivate our visitors. A stroll along La Rambla, guided by a mysterious character from 1900 and an excellent suggestion from chef Martin Berasategui will culminate this fantastic cultural activity.
Exciting Modernism can be enjoyed in the morning (11h) including lunch or in the afternoon (6:30 p.m.) including dinner. The tour begins in Palau Güell, which is located nearby Las Ramblas and was declared World Heritage site by UNESCO. The building was constructed between 1885 and 1890 by the famous architect Antoni Gaudí and is the only example of residential architecture that Gaudí ever completed. Visitors will participate in a guided tour with an audio guide system for 1 hour in groups of maximum 25 people.
After the visit, a peculiar modernist character will welcome the visitors and will lead their stroll along Las Ramblas to Hotel España, a Modernist building inaugurated over 150 years ago and renovated in the late nineteenth century by the prestigious Catalan architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner. In the private lounge 'Sirenas', dinner guests will enjoy, in the deep-sea ambiance, a menu designed by Chef Martin Berasategui (Three Michelin Stars) inspired in the Catalan cuisine of the early twentieth century.
The activity ends with a surprise performance. Guests will discover the most well kept secrets and mysteries from the Barcelona of 1900.
Group activities (minimum 25 people).
For other languages, please contact us.
- Price: €90 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French
- Duration: 3 Hours, 30 Minutes
- Date available from: 01/03/2015
- Date available to: 31/12/2020
- Additional information: Throughout the year. Two schedules: In the morning (with lunch) and in the evening (with dinner) Reservations in advanced are required: email@example.com - firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. +34 657 05 87 87 Activity for groups: companies, incentives (MICE) and private.
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. In the city. Culture and traditions. Premium Spain. Haute cuisine. Gastronomy
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: Barcelona Exciting
Information supplied by the provider
Palau Güell rooftop
Palau Güell's entrance with the guide
Mr Salvador, Hotel España's owner
Other activities you may find interesting
€32 per person (including taxes)
The village of Bubión is perched at an altitude of ... (+See more)