Alvear is the oldest winery in Andalusia, founded in 1729 by Diego de Alvear y Escalera. Eight generations later, the family business has 300 hectares of Pedro Ximénez vineyards, in the best quality area of the Sierra de Montilla Mountains.
The visit to the winery offers a tour full of charm where you can see the press, fermentation room and ageing cellars, as well as trying the wins with an explanation of their characteristics and their correct tasting.
Amongst the many awards and distinctions, the latest was the one given by Robert Parker to the PX Cosecha 2011. The winery was also awarded the "Best Tourism Company 2008” in Cordoba.
- Price: €12 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French.German
- Duration: 1 Hours, 30 Minutes
- Date available from: 20/05/2014
- Date available to: 31/12/2019
- Additional information: Guided tour times:Monday to Saturday 12.30pm Ask us about group visits.
- Category of the activity: Gastronomy. Wine tourism
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: Bacus Travel & Tours, S.L
Information supplied by the provider
Around the cellar
Other activities you may find interesting
€60 per person (including taxes)
Taste the Capital of Cava One day with three ... (+See more)
Sant Sadurní d'Anoia