The Traditional Portuguese Way - Camino by bike
The Camino from Portugal and Spain to Santiago de Compostela is also called the Portuguese or Central Route. The itinerary in this case covers the last 250 Km of the Portuguese Route and begins in Oporto. This Camino takes in wooded areas, farmlands and hamlets, as well as historic towns and cities. On this section of the Portuguese Route, you will walk long ancient paths used in the 13th century by Queen Isabel of Portugal on her way to Santiago de Compostela.
This is a perfect route even if there are a couple of difficult points for cycling pilgrims.
1st day: ARRIVAL IN OPORTO.
2nd day: OPORTO - BARCELOS (52 Km - difficulty 1/3).
3rd day: BARCELOS - RUBIAES (SAN ROQUE) (49 Km - difficulty 3/3)
4th day: RUBIAES(SAN ROQUE) - REDONDELA (53 Km - difficulty 1/3)
5th day: REDONDELA - CALDAS DE REIS (41 Km– difficulty 1/3)
6th day: CALDAS DE REIS - SANTIAGO (49 Km - difficulty 2/3)
7th day: SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA
- Price: €580 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.Italian
Santiago de Compostela (A Coruña)
Caldas de Reis (Pontevedra)
- Duration: 7 Day
- Date available from: 29/03/2020
- Date available to: 01/11/2020
- Additional information: The Price Includes: - 6 nights in handpicked hotels and inns, all with en-suite accommodation, on a bed and breakfast basis - Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel - Travel insurance - Credencial (Pilgrim’s passport) - Tips & maps. - 7/24 telephone assistance (English speaking) The Price does not include: - Lunches - 27 gears disc bike rental from Porto to Santiago:€ 200 - 27 gears hybrid bike rental from Porto to Santiago:€ 230 - 27 gears disc bike rental from Porto to Santiago:€ 250 E-bike on request - Single room supplement: € 150 - Dinners supplement: € 150 PRICE PER PERSON BASED ON DOUBLE ROOM DAILY DEPARTURES
- Category of the activity: Culture and traditions. Way of Saint James. Sport and adventure. Cycle touring
- Who is it for?: Young people. Adults without children. Senior
- Organising company: CAMINANDO CAMINANDO
Information supplied by the provider